Sunday, January 4, 2009

"Lala"

Now that 2009 is here I thought maybe I would get a bit more serious about life. But then I thought, "but why", it's more fun taking life not so seriously, don't you think? I want to be like my mother, "Lala", that's what I call her now, because one day last month I realized that she lives in a kind of "Lalaland". I asked her about it and she proclaimed giggly, "Oh yeah, that's me, just call me Lala". And it is so true. Come to think of it, she has been like that all her life. But this by no means is to say that she is like out there, you know like intelligent wise. Without a doubt, she is one "smart cookie". No matter how serious or terrible I try to make things look, when she and I are talking, she always looks at the brighter side, and she's always laughing and giggling and saying positive things. So Nana's name is now officially been changed to "Lala". Now when she phones me she giggles and says "Hey, it's Lala". It's too funny. I don't know how she does it. She just likes being happy all of the time, and wants to rub it off on everyone around her. What a wonderful way to be.

This is "Lala" and my dad when they first got married in 1950's. She was laughing then and has been smiling and laughing and cheering us up ever since. I've got to say that my parents were so damn good-looking, there's no denying that!!!!!!


Love, Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something you would like to say? Please do. ♥

Hollywood Beach Summer 2010