Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I made my own this morning.....



This morning I made my own face and body lotion, as I always do.   I don't like paying a lot for creams and moisturizers and I have my theories about the ingredients in them.  We won't get into that right now.  So, I make my own concoctions, which always includes extra virgin olive oil.  I take about 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, one 4 oz. jar of Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Cream, 1-2 ounces of St. Ives Collagen Elastin cream, and 1-2 ounces of Johnson's Baby Lotion, or Baby Oil Cream, enough to fill my pump bottle.  You have to experiment a little, depending upon the size bottle you want to use.  You don't want the mixture too thick or too thin.  You can use whatever creams you like.  I mix it up in a measuring cup and then use my kitchen funnel to get it in the bottle, usually having to pound it a little on the counter so it will go down into the bottle.  I use this lotion of mine for my face and body and I really love it.  There are endless good ingredients you can use to make your own, but olive oil is a must ingredient for me.  So try it ladies, it's fun, inexpensive and works well to moisturize you skin.

Let me tell you a little about the moisturizers.   Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Skin Care Cream contains Vitamin E, Aloe Vera, Wheat Germ, Sunflower See Oil, Collagen and Elastin.  It is made in the USA, and no animal testing.  St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer is dematologist tested, non-comedogenic, not tested on animals, and made in Switzerland.  I have always like St. Ives products.  Johnson's Vanilla Oatmeal Baby Lotion is clinically proven for mildness, and smells really good.  I use it to thin down the mixture and for the calming smell.  Besides, it's for babies, and I like that.  Any extra virgin olive oil will do, and you can add more for thinning out the mixture if you need to.  I found all of these lotions at Walmart.

Making your own is a good way of adding the ingredients you like depending upon the type of skin you have.  So enjoy!  And remember don't skimp, use it sparingly!  If you have any questions, let me know.

I Wish You Love and Beautiful Skin,

Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something you would like to say? Please do. ♥

Hollywood Beach Summer 2010