Thursday, December 15, 2011

Feed the Good Wolf.....

I awoke startled as I do most every morning.  Wondering if I did the right thing.  Looking back, regretting, wanting to cry my eyes out.  One thing is for sure.  I don't have any tears left.  They are all dried up.  I don't even have the energy to cry.  I hardly have the energy to do anything. So I roll out of bed.  I look at myself in the mirror.  I see a face  that I don't recognize.  It is a mask I order to say nothing about the fragile feelings hiding in my soul.    And I tell that face that you have to keep going no matter what.  You are on your own now.

Soooo..... I look into the mirror and I stand taller, shoulders back, and take another look at my face again.  I see all that I am.  I see what I have done in my life, what I have learned.  I know what I can do and I know what I will not do. I know who the people are around me and what I can expect from them.  I can see if they are real or not.  If they are compassionate I can feel it.  If they do not have compassion I can feel that too.

So when I wake,  yes, I may have these thoughts that pass through my mind, that do not make me feel good.  But,  they pass quickly and I think of how I got where I am today and what I have to look forward to, and I feel better. I know in time this waking up startled will eventually go away, and I will wake happy. I realize that now it's all about the challenges I face and how strong I must be to face them.   I remind my self to give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way to me.

It's life and I must be strong and have courage to face whatever comes my way.  And I will continue to love and feel love, to laugh and feel happiness, to live and be true to myself and others.  I will feed the good wolf.



***************************************************************************************************

Cherokee Wisdom

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
 He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. 

The other is Good - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

 The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:
 "Which wolf wins?" 

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."


*************************************************************************************************

I Wish You Love,

Joyce

P.S.  I hope you feed the good wolf too.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something you would like to say? Please do. ♥

Hollywood Beach Summer 2010