Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Gonna let you in on a little secret."

Just thought I'd let you in on two little secret ingredients for "Black Beans". If you buy black beans in the can, which I do all the time, don't by the seasoned ones, because they are so much better when you season them yourself. All you have to do is put a little olive oil in the bottom of a pan, throw in some diced onion, green pepper, and garlic,(which by the way is the Cuban Trinity), cook it a few minutes. Add a pinch of cumin and dried oregano, the canned beans and salt and pepper to taste, bring to a boil, turn down to low, and the secret is to add one teaspoon of "sugar" and one teaspoon, of "Apple Cider Vinegar", put a top on it, and let it simmer for fifteen minutes, and you're done. And the taste is wonderful.










And that's the secret and I'm stickin' to it.

Con Mucho Amor!!!!
With a lot of Love,
Mimi

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, I do buy 'em in the can sometimes, mostly I buy dried and season 'em up pretty much like you do. Thanks, from now on I'll season my own canned black beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebel,

    That's good, and don't forget the sugar & vinegar. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something you would like to say? Please do. ♥

Hollywood Beach Summer 2010