Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fly, Fly Away!!!!!

This little baby Morning Dove, (that's what we call them around here), was walking and hopping around my front yard this afternoon. I panic right away when I see the little ones on the ground. I start telling them to hurry up and fly, fly away. I get scared that they can't fly because something is wrong with them, or that a one of the cats in the neighborhood might grab them up before they can spread their wings and fly up out of reach.

He let me get pretty close, so I really started to get nervous.


I followed him around for a while.


And then he finally started to flutter his winds and flew up on the fence.


Boy, I was so happy. Such a cute baby.

XOXOXO,
Mimi

2 comments:

  1. You're just like I am! I would have worried too.
    I love all my birds, and spend far too much time taking pictures of them - when I should be doing more yard work!
    Who ever though, I would someday live in a place where parrots in the yard were an every day occurrence?:-)

    I've got a pair of doves that come in as well... and I love watching their funny little "old lady waddle"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the best part of my day everyday
    i wake and hear the birds singing
    it is wonderful to know all is right with the world in that one instant

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something you would like to say? Please do. ♥

Hollywood Beach Summer 2010