Friday, April 18, 2014

Thanks Gran.....

Yesterday my mind was roaming back to when I was just a little girl and my relationship with my grandfather.  I called him "Gran".  I was sitting outside on a bench under the trees on my lunch break.  There was a nice breeze hitting my face and I don't know why, but I was reliving the few years I was with him and the relationship we had.  It was the most wonderful time and I was feeling the happiness I felt when he sat me on his lap and spoke to me.  I could once again feel the love he had for me, and I for him.  He would talk to me or sing to me from outside my window at night when I was in bed.  He lived next door.  Every evening when he arrived home from work he would call me.  He'd yell "Cookie I'm home", and I would go running to his open arms.  He let me put shaving cream on his face and shave him, without the razor of couse.  I painted his fingernails.  I'd sit one his lap at the dinner table and he'd feed me cornbread he had dunked in milk.  

He was a wonderful, loving, family man who left me when I was very young.  But what he left me with was a feeling that I cannot explain.  I still carry a little leather change purse he gave me when I was 5 years old, with me at all times.  He showed me love, a passion for life and the desire to be good.  One thing I know for sure,  is that he has always been with me, watching over me and making sure I am alright.  He's in my soul.  I loved that man with all of my heart, and I always will.  


I Wish You Love Like My Gran Gave To Me,

Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something you would like to say? Please do. ♥

Hollywood Beach Summer 2010